[sg_popup id=”1″ event=”onload”][/sg_popup]There are two things that a large number of Americans truly enjoy: alcohol and Game of Thrones. So this Sunday, whether you invite over 50 people or just keep it chill with your significant other, keep a drink in your hand.
Game of Thrones Drinking Rules
Keep in mind that the rules can be bent slightly depending on the drink you’re holding. Before the episode begins, each person must first choose two things. One of these major Houses: Stark, Lannister, or Targaryen, and their character (a living one from one of the major Houses). These two things will come into play under the ‘Special Occurrences’ section.
Take 1 Sip Every Time….
- The Intro comes on.
- You see Daenerys’ dragons.
- Someone swears.
- Someone dies (large-scale battle scenes don’t count unless you want them to).
- A character sits on the Iron Throne.
Take 3 Sips Every Time…
- Someone says “Winter is here.”
- Sam opens up a book.
- You see a boob.
- You see the Night King.
- Every time a Whitewalker is killed (this punishment may not take effect until a bit later in the season).
- Someone’s name is presented in multiple parts (ex. “First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm”).
- The Hound swears.
- Someone calls someone else a ‘cunt.’
- Tormund hits on Brienne.
Take 5 Sips Every Time….
- Arrya assassinates someone.
- One of Daenerys’ dragons kills someone.
- Every time Sam helps Jon Snow.
- A language aside from English is spoken.
Finish your Drink (or take a shot) If…
- You hear “A Lannister always pays his debts”.
- A major character is killed.
- Ed Sheeran comes on screen again, and then starts singing your favorite song of his.
- Sam becomes a Maester.
Special Drink Occurrences
- Drink for the entirety of every sex scene.
- Drink every time someone on screen drinks.
- Take 1 sip every time someone from your House comes on screen.
- Take 3 sips every time your character appears on screen.
- Finish your drink if your character dies in the episode.
- Go out and buy a bottle of champagne, then pop it open, and finish the bottle if Daenerys’ sits atop the Iron Throne.
And that should about do it! If you’re not hammered by the time the next Game of Thrones episode is over, then feel free to pipe in with other suggestions! And don’t be shy with your sips, because remember, winter is here. And who knows how much time that gives us. So here is a link to a great recap, be sure to watch it before diving into Season 7.